Charleville State High School is a small regional high school that provides quality state education options for year 8 to 12 students. The school is located in the south-west Queensland hub of Charleville, situated on the banks of the Warrego River, approximately 780 kilometres west of Brisbane.
The school has more than 240 students and lists its key features as:
- high academic achievement
- 100 per cent of students graduate with Vocational Education outcomes, as well as high Queensland Certificate of Education outcomes
- wide curriculum offerings including mathematics C, physics, chemistry as well as a range of trades-based and vocational education curricula
- a range of programs servicing the arts, including senior drama and visual arts
- a Hospitality and Agricultural Trades Training Centre
- a wide-range of sporting opportunities, including high level school representative team pportunities for netball, touch and rugby league
- cutting-edge digital learning facilities and teaching skills, preparing students for the digital world they live in.